Friday, October 1, 2010

Album Review: Record Collection



Mark Ronson's newest release, Record Collection, follows in much the same vein as the DJ/producer is known for (he's worked with artists Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen), that is: collaborations. And pretty amazing collaborations at that. For example, Phantom Planet's Alex Greenwald sings with rapper Ghostface Killah on "Lose It (In the End)"... kind of epic. Record has a very 1980s synth pop feel to it and we have no complaints to that effect. Overall this is a very entertaining disc, especially with lyrics like "My momma tells me I should stop/Go and get a real job... Gonna ride my bike until I get home" ("The Bike Song"). If you're a fan of old-school hip-hop similar to songs like "Bust a Move" by Young MC, then this is right up your alley. By the way, it needs to be said that the album cover is killer!
Most notable tracks: "Bang Bang Bang," "Somebody to Love Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment