Friday, July 30, 2010

Album Review: Save Me, San Francisco



Train has been one of the best presences in music since they stumbled on the scene in 1998 with "Meet Virginia." The band then went on to garner multiple Grammy nods and wins for the album My Private Nation, et cetera et cetera. Their latest effort Save Me, San Francisco continues in the vein of fabulous pop/rock that fans have come to know and love. On the title track (and album opener), lead singer Pat Monahan croons "I've been high/I've been low/I've been yes/And I've been oh, hell no." Genius. Not to mention the first single "Hey, Soul Sister" has been a major anthem for the spring/summer seasons.
Catch Train on tour this summer with John Mayer, wrapping up Aug. 11, or by themselves through September in a city near you! (or you can "travel to Spain where the rain falls mainly on the plain" sound insane?)
Most notable tracks: "I Got You," "If It's Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment